Monday, January 16, 2012

Versatile Blogger & Liebster Award!

Wow this post is long, long, LONG overdue!  Some lovely girls had given me these awards and I kept forgetting to post about them!  Sorry!  :)   But yay I'm glad to finally do it!

The first award was the Versatile Blogger Award.


The rules are to:
1. Thank the person who presented the award to you and link back to them.

Thank you SO much to Erika from The Honey Bunch for giving me this award!  You definitely need to check out her blog if you haven't already!!!




2. Tell seven things about yourself. 
1.  I married my best friend, Joe on June 6, 2009!  :)  We had a beautiful wedding in Downtown Greenville, which is where we first met!  We spent our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica! (BEST RESORT EVERRRR!)

2.  My husband surprised me with a BEAUTIFUL red/white Siberian Husky who is actually part wolf!!!  Her mother was full blooded husky but her dad was half husky half Timberwolf!  She is definitely unique!  If you think that is crazy...wait til you hear this!  Even though we didn't get her until she was 3 months old, she was actually born on our WEDDING DAY!  June 6, 2009!  So every year when we celebrate our anniversary, we also celebrate her birthday, hahaha!!!

3.  I first went to the University of South Carolina as a biology major.  I wanted to be either a pediatrician or a pathologist, focusing on prenatal/postnatal diseases.  But I changed my major after the first semester to early childhood education, switched colleges, and got my bachelor's in early childhood education from Clemson University in 2010.  GO TIGERS!!!

4.  I have a big sweet tooth.  I could be SO SO full from eating my meal but as soon as someone mentions chocolate cake...there is a secret compartment that opens up and allows me to be hungry all over again!!!

5.  I am pretty good at doing accents/impressions of people!  Haha!  My mother-in-law loves my Paula Dean impression!  And I've also gone to the post office before, totally faking a British accent while mailing something to the UK.  They buy it every time!  People are like "WOW!  Is it really different here than in England?  What was the hardest transition for you?"  HAHAHAHA!  I know it's a white lie...but it is SO SO funny!  I gotta entertain myself somehow!

6.  This year I have had a sudden explosion of a shoe obsession...no seriously, it's bad!  I absolutely love flats, boots, ankle boots....just talking about it makes me want to shop! HA!

7.  I am a Christian & Jesus is my King of Kings!  I would be absolutely nothing without Him.  He died on the cross for my sins and for yours, too!  I was such a different person before I had Jesus and accepted Him into my heart.  I just have a new heart and new desires now!  I don't drink, smoke, cuss, etc.  Those things seem meaningless and pointless to me!  I am more focused on living my life to please Him & to spread the gospel!  If you ever want to talk about Jesus, please let me know!  I would love to share His goodness with you!


3.  Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the awards. 
When it says "newly discovered"...what does that mean?  Does that mean it's new to you or new to blogging in general?  Well, I'm going to do a mix!  But mostly these will be blogs that are new to me that I love!!!


This is probably one of my favorite blogs to keep up with!
Jennifer at First Grade Blue Skies is AWESOME!
First Grade Blue Skies


Ginger Snaps Treats for Teachers is a blog made by my friend Ginger who I taught with during my first year of teaching!  It's too bad that we're at different schools now because this past school year we have really discovered how much we both love to blog & create clip art!!!!










Primary Junction



A Teeny Tiny Teacher



http://goingnuttyinmisssquirrelsfirstgrade.blogspot.com/










Fun in Room 4B



Made In The Shade In Second Grade










- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WOW!  If you've made it all the way to this next award...then you are awesome!  Here's a cookie!

The other award I received was the Liebster award.  I keep spelling it wrong...did anyone else have this problem?  LOL!


 The goal of the award is to spotlight up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers!

Here are the rules!

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog
.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them. 
Thank you to Jennifer from The First Grade Dream!!!  :)  Make sure to check out her adorable blog!

3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.


Made In The Shade In Second Grade





http://goingnuttyinmisssquirrelsfirstgrade.blogspot.com/



Fun in Room 4B





4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers!







Whewwwww...that was the longest post ever...ahhhh...


13 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the awards :) It put a huge smile on my face when I was reading your post.

    Thanks,

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you!! You are awesome!
    I love your blog,too, and always check it out to see what fun stuff you are up to!!
    I love the award!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet! Thank you! I love your blog and your awesome talents!
    Hadar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award. You are too sweet!

    Kayla
    Primary Junction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady!!! Thanks so much for 2 awards in one day! I'm so excited to be honored by you who is so uber talented :) I'm obsessed with your super cute clip art! Thanks for making my day and hope you have a wonderful rest of your day :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Thanks for the shout out!
    I love that you can do impersonations and accents! Love the post office story - too funny!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your awards!! I just came across your blog. Super cute! I am also a first grade teacher in my 2nd year.


    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I just found your super cute blog! I can't wait to look around. I found it from Made In The Shade In 2nd...thanks!


    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on becoming a Clemson Tiger!! lol Luvs you!! Thanks for the sweet shout out. =) We totally need a blog meet up. I have heard there are several teacher bloggers in the area (3rd Grade Gridiron, 2nd Grade Shenanigans, and there are others)! We should do this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your awards with me! You are so sweet! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm just starting blogging about my classroom over at http://sproutschool.wordpress.com

    I'm very new to it and not so tech savvy as you - your blog is so pretty! Please visit and comment!

    I teach a Prep/1 composite class - 6 and 7 year olds. Lots of fun!

    :) Have a great day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete